Baileys and Christmas go together like Me and Seasonal Excess ( I've never really been a one glass of wine type of person...)
So when Baileys said they were going to be serving toasted marshmallows with their signature drinks this Christmas- well, I just had to rock up with a few suggestions of my own. As part of the Baileys Treat Collective I've whipped up one hell of a festive treat- A rich Parisian style hot chocolate finished with a toasted Baileys marshmallow bejewelled with dried figs, pistachio nibs and a glint of gold. This is as just about as decadent as a hot chocolate gets- the toasted mallow bringing out the smokiness of the whiskey and the dried fruit teasing a little earthiness from the chocolate.
- 400ml whole milk
- 100ml Baileys Original Irish cream
- 50g powdered milk
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 150g good-quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids) chopped into small pieces
- Pour the milk and Baileys Original Irish cream into a heavy-based pan and place over a medium-low heat until gently simmering. Meanwhile, sift the powdered milk and cornflour into a small bowl.
- When the milk has begun to simmer, reduce the heat to very low and add the chocolate, whisking continuously until it melts.
- Slowly whisk in the powdered milk mix. Whisking all the while, increase the heat back to medium and heat until it begins to simmer.
And if you're far too busy panic buying Secret Santa gifts or regretting that 1am espresso martini ON A SCHOOL NIGHT then why not pop by the Baileys Treat Bar in Covent Garden and let them mix one up for you! Opening Today (7th December) until the 22nd December. See you there (hic!)